So if you want something like Resurrection Remix but with the latest Android version then Havoc-OS will take you right home. In this method, we’ll go through easy steps on how to take Nandroid backup directly to PC. Once you’ve downloaded the original software or found an appropriate backup of your own, the process should take no more than a few minutes. In this case, you can download a flashable stock ROM direct from the OnePlus website.
- However, developers generally insist on a ‘clean’ wipe, in order to successfully remove any portion of the older firmware which might conflict with the new ROM and cause errors.
- Specs include a MediaTek Dimensity 9000+, 12-16GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, a large 6.78-inch display with a 165Hz refresh rate, and a huge 6,000mAh battery.
- But most of the problems and benefits that cause flashing stock ROM are below.
- Overall, PixelOS is quite impressive in terms of design and those who are looking to flash Android 13, must give it a try.
- Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader.
- I’ve looked up a couple of guides on how to root the device but most of the legit rooting methods require having a stock ROM of your device that is going to patched, and later, installed.
In case you don’t know, Paranoid Android was considered one of the most acclaimed custom ROMs of all time. The development team focused on bringing a polished and refined experience while using minimum resources stock Android firmware. While it may not boast of the plethora of features and customization features that other ROMs offer, Paranoid Android or PA, does promise a soothing user experience overall. So to put it straight, if you want stability and new features right from Pixel devices then Pixel Experience is the best custom ROM on Android, bar none. Keep in mind, you won’t get the latest Android build immediately, but you will have a stable and hassle-free experience for sure. I’ve looked up a couple of guides on how to root the device but most of the legit rooting methods require having a stock ROM of your device that is going to patched, and later, installed. However, after searching the web for a while I just can’t seem to find any stock ROMs that are for CP8722_U00, only for CP8722_S00 which I assume is probably incompatible.
However, some features of GCam APK may require root access to work properly. Additionally, rooting your device can potentially void your warranty and cause other problems, so it is not recommended unless you are sure you know what you are doing.
- We recommend that only people who are technically inclined try to flash ROMs on their devices, as it can be tricky.
- Popular custom ROMs like LineageOS also maintain download portals, from which you can directly grab the most up-to-date build without much hassle.
- Sometimes, installation instructions can have some variations depending on your device.
- The ROM recently updated its source code for Android 13.
Assuming you have an up-to-date one available, this shouldn’t result in much—or any—data loss. In this guide, we’ll take a look at the three main ways to get back to stock Android. Whether that means going fully unrooted with a locked bootloader or just reverting to the stock ROM but keeping root access, you’ll find an option that works for you. The ROM Manager app will help you to back up Android ROM to PC through an easy to use interface.